Insight Mission World Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To facilitate balanced growth of Muslim generation culturally, morally, intellectually and spiritually, to become holistic and insightful in serving the cause of their Creator.

IJTIHAD IN ISLAM

Muhammad Mubarak
    Muhammad Mubarak

IJTIHAD IN ISLAM Empty IJTIHAD IN ISLAM

Post by Muhammad Mubarak Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:33 am

CASES OF IJTIHAD IN ISLAM AND HOW IT RELATES TO THINKING
    There are several cases in Islam that depict how the Sahabah and the followers(Tabi’in) strived wholeheartedly towards the cause of Allah and his messenger by applying their thinking faculty in the task they accomplished. Some of  these cases are mentioned below.
     The case of  Banu Qurayzah and solatul Asri
     The case of Mu’aadh bn Jabal and the people of  Yemen
     The case of the reciter of suratul Ikhlas
    The case of Banu Qurayzah and solatul Asri is a critical issue that occurred when the prophet (S.A.W) sent his Sahabah to the Banu Qurayzah. The prophet ordered the sahabah not to observe Solatul Asri until they reached the place but on their way going they discovered that Solatul Asri was at its peak. Some part said they should observe solat so far the time met them along the way while some said until they reach the Banu Qurayza, so they observe their Solah according to their understanding, when they returned to the prophet (S.A.W), they reported the case to the prophet and he told them tthat their Solat was valid but he told those that observe solah at Banu Qurayzah that indeed they have followed Sunnah.

The case of Mu’aadh bn Jabal and the people of  Yemen
    The prophet informed  Mu’aadh that you are going to non muslim, when you get there how will you make judgement. He responded that he will use Qur’an, the prophet proceeded that what of  if  you can get it from the Quran. He said I will use Sunnah, what of if its not in the sunnah, he said I will use my Ijtihad. The prohet now prayed for  Mu’aadh bn Jabal.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 pm