Insight Mission World Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To facilitate balanced growth of Muslim generation culturally, morally, intellectually and spiritually, to become holistic and insightful in serving the cause of their Creator.

life history of Imam shfi'i

Abdul basit damilare

life history of Imam shfi'i Empty life history of Imam shfi'i

Post by Abdul basit damilare Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:05 am

IMAM MUHAMMAD BN IDRIS AL- SHAFI'I
    He was born in palestine 150yrs after Hijrah. his father died when he was young,and he was brought up in poverty by his mother who was a talented woman. According his history his father died when he was 3yrs and his mother took him took him to a teacherto teach him Qur'an, all because her mother did not have money the teacher neglected him but the teacher realised that whenever he teaches them in class his the most brilliant one. His first teacher was Muslim bn khalid al-zaij, imam shafi'i showed early signs of his intelligence and good memory. He had memorised Qur'an by the age of 7yrs, and muwatta of Imam malik by the age of 15yrs,from the age of 10 he studied in makkah and at 20 he moved to madinah where he continue his studies under Imam Malik for about 9yrs untill Imam Malik died in 179 A.H. according to is history, under Imam Malik he stayed for 29yrs, he studied alot later on he established his own masaab. He studied about fiqh on Imam Malik and Hanifaa. when he was with Imam Malik he discovered his intelligence and he was told to stay away from Sin and affairs of life.he was not afraid to criticised frankly the actions of the ruler, as a result of which he was deported in chains to iraq. he had the opportunity in Baghdad to go more deeply into Jurispundence. Having become an expert in both school he moved to Makkah where he stayed for a while on his way to egypt.
    In the course of his lectures he expressed some of his opinions which differed in some points from those of both Imam Malik and Imam Abu Hanifah, although he retained the greatest respect for both those jurists.
    He returned to baghdad for a few years until at 50 yrs he went to live pamanently in Egypt, where he wrote his most famous works, Khitab al-Umma al-Rislah. He died in Cairo in 240 A.H.
    He was known for his piety, straightforwardness and generosity, although he himself was never rich he used to give away all he could to the poor. Those who followed his school are now found mainly in Yemen, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia, and East Africa.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:36 am