Insight Mission World Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To facilitate balanced growth of Muslim generation culturally, morally, intellectually and spiritually, to become holistic and insightful in serving the cause of their Creator.

HIJRAH (MIGRATION)

Muhammad Mubarak
    Muhammad Mubarak

HIJRAH (MIGRATION) Empty HIJRAH (MIGRATION)

Post by Muhammad Mubarak Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:08 pm

KHUTBAH DELIVERED BY ABU HURAYRAH GROUP
    KHATEEB: SHEIKH SULAIMAN MUSA ADEYEMI(STUDENT)
    TOPIC: HIJRAH (MIGRATION)
    All praise is due to Allah (S.W.T), we seek for his Assistance and forgiveness, we seek refuge from Allah against the bad evil of our soul and our bad deeds. He who Allah guides no one can mislead him and he who Allah mislead no one can guide him.
    I bear the testimony that there is no God except Allah (S.W.T) and no partner should be ascribed with him, I also testify that prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) is His messenger, we beseech the benediction and blessings of Allah upon Him, his household, companion and generality of Muslim till the day of restitution.
    Fear Allah Oh my fellow brethren and worship Him, He who Follows Him has succeeded here in life and hereafter.
    Our Khutbah will be centred on lesson and experience of prophet migration. Migration technically means to emigrate from nonbeliever land to believer land or to leave bad deed to all kind of good deeds. HIJRAH is the migration of prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) from the city of Makkah to the city of Madinah.
    Islamically, Hijrah can be referred to as the migration of a Muslim from unlawful or forbidden land to lawful land. In Islam it is prescribed for a Muslim to leave a place not conducive to worship Allah and move to a peaceful and convenient place. Muslim should migrate from tolerance to intolerance. The Hadith of the prophet S.A.W said, ‘A Muslim is someone that save his Muslim brother from his act either by tongue or hand and an immigrant is whoever migrate from what Allah have forbidden’. This Hadith shows that we should connect our self with Allah by abstaining from all evil act and increase in good deeds.
    My beloved brothers in Islam, have you ever known that from the past migration was meant to leave the land of Kufru to land of Iman, but according to the prophet , these had change. It was reported to have said, “ La Ijratuhu ba’dal fathi walakin Jihad waniyyah” meaning that no migration after the conquest of Makkah but striving or waging war against the soul and having good intention. Geographically, migration has change but the meaning and understanding remain.

HOW WOULD YOU MIGRATE
    Firstly, you should migrate from offence to Obedience, we need to migrate from idleness to willingness, migrate from ignorance to knowledge, migrate from dissatisfaction to contentment, migrate from innovation to Sunnah, migrate from intolerance to tolerance and selfishness to generosity. We should try as much as possible to emulate these forms of migration in all our affairs.

LESSON FROM HIJRAH
    Brothers in faith, these are the lessons of Hijrah in which we should work towards and make them part of our life. The prominent companions had exhibit a great model for coming generations to imitate. Allah says in Qur’an 59: 8 “And there is also a share in this booty) for the poor emigrants, who were expelled from their homes and their property, seeking Bounties from Allah and to please Him. And helping Allah (i.e. helping His religion) and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW). Such are indeed the truthful (to what they say)”
    Also in Quran 2:218, Allah says “Verily, those who have believed, and those who have emigrated (for Allah's Religion) and have striven hard in the Way of Allah, all these hope for Allah's Mercy. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most-Merciful”. From these, we Muslims should change our attitude within high level of sincerity without hoping for anyone’s wealth, praise or support.
    Allah says in Q 98: 5 “And they were commanded not, but that they should worship Allah, and worship none but Him Alone (abstaining from ascribing partners to Him), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give Zakat: and that is the right religion”.
    Among the lessons is having good relationship with Allah. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) had good connection with Allah throughout his life time. He did not rely on any pleasure or worldly enhancement than Allah, look at the time he was surrounded by unbelievers, he was guided by Allah and protected from the plot of the Kufar to the extent that he poured sand on their head while they were afflicted by Allah and they all felt asleep. Also while they were in the cave when Abu bakr was afraid and the prophet said ‘what is your opinion on the two which the third of them is Allah’, Allah says If you help him (Muhammad SAW) not (it does not matter), for Allah did indeed help him when the disbelievers drove him out, the second of two, when they (Muhammad SAW and Abu Bakr ) were in the cave, and he (SAW) said to his companion (Abu Bakr ): "Be not sad (or afraid), surely Allah is with us." Then Allah sent down His Sakeenah (calmness, tranquility, peace, etc.) upon him, and strengthened him with forces (angels) which you saw not, and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowermost, while it was the Word of Allah that became the uppermost, and Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise. Q9:40
    When we take a look at the case of Hijrah, we discovered that despite the persecution of all kinds, humiliation and conspiracy that the Prophet and his Sahabah faced, they have strong trust in Allah’s victory.
    May Allah (S.W.T) accept our deeds as an act of Ibadah and may He grant us Jannat Firdaws. I pray that May Allah forgive me my shortcomings and inequities. Subhanaka Allahumo wabihamdik Ashadu anlaa illaha Illa Allah Astagfiruka wa atubu Ilaika.