Insight Mission World Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To facilitate balanced growth of Muslim generation culturally, morally, intellectually and spiritually, to become holistic and insightful in serving the cause of their Creator.

CONCEPT OF IBADAH

Muhammad Mubarak
    Muhammad Mubarak

CONCEPT OF IBADAH Empty CONCEPT OF IBADAH

Post by Muhammad Mubarak Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:17 am

CONCEPT OF IBADAH
    The basic concept implies by its root word ‘abd is that of acknowledging someone other than oneself as holding supremacy over worship and abdicating one’s freedom . The arabic word Ibadah has connotation
    Submission And Unconditional Submission
    The word “Islam” indicating the concept of unconditional submission i.e. total one, Almighty Allah says: Surah Al-Nisah vs 125. “who can be better in religion than one who submits his face to God”. This implies that whenever you face something automatically the whole body will be directed to it, it means that when you submit your face to Allah, you have definitely direct all your body to him.
    Another verse denotes total submission is that of Al-Imran 85 “whoever exercises any other religion except that of unconditional submission (Islam) will never be accepted”. As a Muslim we should serve Allah for love and passion unconditionally as we can clearly see the sign of that total submission in the statement of Rabiatul-Adawiyyat who said “I serve you (ALLAH) not because of avidity in your “paradise” and not because of the fear of your hell fire but only because of my love”.
    Affirmation, Manner and Form
    Our religion (Islam) does not contains only the affirmation of oneness of Allah (Al-Tawhid) but we also need to put its manner and form into consideration in which we confirm that affirmation as been shown to us by the Prophet (SAW).
    The word manner as far as the arabic language is concerned indication “Millah”. By saying this we refer to the true Islamic monotheism of Ibraheem (Abraham).
    1. Almighty Allah says: “say, oh Muhammad (SAW) truly, my lord has guided me to a straight path, a right religion, the religion of Ibraheem (Abraham), Hanifa (i.e. the true Islamic monotheism – to believe in one God (Allah i.e. to worship none but Allah alone) and he was not of Al-Mushrikun (the disbeliever in the oneness of Allah i.e. Idolaters). Q6:161.
    2. Allah says: [And who turns away from the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) accept him who befools himself? Truly, we choose in this world and verily, in the hereafter he will be among the righteous].
    3. Says (And they say, be jews or Christian, then you will be guided” say ( to them, oh Muhammad peace be upon him). “say, (we follow) only the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham), Hanifah (Islamic Monotheism, i.e. to worship none but Allah alone and he was not of Al-mushrikin (the disbeliver in the oneness of Allah i.e. Idolaters).Q2:161.